Import Export License (IEC) Registration Form
Get FREE advice from IEC Experts – Get Started
Apply for Import Export Code (IEC) Online
Register your import export business under Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India. IEC expert of Online Legal India™ will file with the DGFT office on your behalf.
Advantages of IEC for Import Export Businesses
Niryat Bandhu Scheme
Reduces the Risk of Illegal Transportation
International Market Reach
Easy Avail Benefit of Govt. Schemes
Frequently Asked Questions
An Importer Exporter Code (IEC) is a key business identification number which is mandatory for export from India or Import to India. No export or import shall be made by any person without obtaining an IEC. For services exports however, IEC shall not be necessary except when the service provider is taking benefits under the Foreign Trade Policy. An individual or a business entity needs a 10 digit code to import or export products or services. This code is known as Import Export Code or IEC and it is issued by DGFT, Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Govt. of India.
• Customs authorities need it to clear shipments during imports.
• The bank needs it to transfer the money when imports are made.
• Similarly during export the shipments the IEC is required.
• When exporter is supposed to receive money in foreign currency, IEC code is required to transfer the money to his account directly.
The IEC code registration is applicable for all business registrations:
- Limited Company
IEC (Import Export Code) is mandatory for anyone who is looking to start his/her import/export business in India. It is issued by the DGFT (Director General of Foreign Trade). IEC is a 10-digit code which has lifetime validity.
- Photograph of the applicant
- Copy PAN Card
- Bank certificate/cancelled cheque
- A copy of Aadhar/Voter ID
- Address proof of the office premise
- Rs. 1999 (If your aadhaar is linked with your mobile or if you have DSC)
- If your mobile number is not linked with aadhaar then you must have DSC (Digital Signature Certificate)
- A nominal fee of Rs. 500 is paid to the government.